9 Killer Outdoor Living Makeover Ideas For Small Backyards
1. Paver PatioA paver patio is an excellent choice for those with limited backyard space. The result is a smooth, even surface that you can use for various purposes, from laying down a rug to serving as a dining area for a group of people. Patio pavers come in a wide range of designs, allowing you to create a space unique to your home and complement your aesthetic preferences within your budget.
2. Pool DeckA deck is an excellent investment if you want to make the most of your pool, even in a small yard. In addition to providing a solid footing for swimmers, sunbathers, diners, and socializers, a pool deck enhances the aesthetics of the pool area and adds to the whole experience. You can choose from diverse materials for the ideal pool deck in your yard, including concrete, wood, or composite.
3. Outdoor KitchensInstalling an outdoor kitchen is the ultimate backyard indulgence. It lets you enjoy the outdoors while preparing food and hosting guests. There's no excuse not to have a stylish and practical outdoor kitchen, even if you have a modest backyard. You can customize your outdoor kitchen by selecting a compact countertop layout and suitable grills, sinks, and refrigerators.
4. Fireplaces and Seating AreasYou can transform a smaller backyard into a comfortable lounging spot by installing a fireplace and some seats. Stone, brick, or concrete are just a few of the materials you can use to build a fireplace zone that is as distinctive as your backyard. If you add a grill or smoker to the mix, you can also use this space for cooking.
5. Walkways and StepsAdding pathways and stairs can make a massive difference in the use and accessibility of a small backyard with uneven ground. Backyard walkways and stairs can link various spaces, such as a patio and garden, making moving about the yard easier. You can choose from various concrete, brick, or natural stone pavers to create a unique, resilient, and lasting outdoor space.
6. Retaining WallsIf your small backyard has a lot of uneven ground, retaining walls are another excellent choice. They provide an exciting and attractive design while also being a sturdy and flat platform for planting. Stone, concrete, or brick are just some materials used to construct retaining walls, and skilled hardscaping professionals can design retaining walls for any garden.
7. Outdoor LightingEven a modest backyard could look like a magical and fascinating oasis with the proper outdoor lighting. It can help you create a cozy space for guests to linger in far into the night. String lights, lanterns, and pathway lights are just some lighting choices available, allowing you to design a unique space.
8. Artificial Grass LawnArtificial grass may be a great addition to a tiny backyard, especially if you don't have the time or energy to maintain a natural grass lawn. Installing artificial grass in your outdoor area is a breeze, and the grass's realistic look and feel will make a big difference in the overall aesthetic appeal of your yard.
9. Pergolas and ArborsShade structures like pergolas and arbors can significantly improve the aesthetics of even the smallest of outdoor spaces. They provide a vertical component that enhances the look of your outdoor space and accommodates climbing plants like ivy or wisteria. You can build a one-of-a-kind aesthetic tailored to your preferences and budget by selecting from various design styles and trends, from classic to contemporary.
Customized Outdoor Living ServicesThese outdoor living additions not only enhance the functionality of your backyard but can also increase your property value. Planning a beautiful outdoor living space creates an additional "room" for your family and guests. It’s always good to work with skilled professionals who can guide your choices and provide objective advice on design and styling.
We can help you plan the ultimate backyard relaxation zone. Our team collaborates with you to create the best experience, which sets us apart from the competition. For information about our outdoor living solutions, please call The Dreamscapes Design Build Maintain at 678-574-4008. You can also write to us through this form.
<< Back To BLOG
Counties/Cities That We Service In Georgia (GA)
Cities that Qualify for Larger Design Projects: