7 Things To Do To Prepare Your Garden For The Spring If You Live In Georgia
At Dreamscapes Design Build Maintain, we urge our clients to prepare their spring gardens. Here are seven helpful tips:
1. Test and Turn the SoilThe first step is to get your soil tested. You can test your soil's pH to see whether you need to add acidity-neutralizing materials. Most plant life thrives in a pH range of 6.0 to 7.0. You should turn the soil once you have measured its pH. This will ensure that your plant's roots get an adequate supply of oxygen and water by allowing air and liquid to flow freely around them. You can incorporate compost or other organic debris to improve the soil's nutritional content further.
2. Install Summer-Flowering Seeds and BulbsNow is the time to sow bulbs and seeds for summer blooms. Marigolds, zinnias, daisies, and black-eyed Susans are some of the most successful choices for Georgia. These colorful blossoms are attractive not only to human eyes but also to pollinators like butterflies and bees.
3. Spruce Up Your Edging and FlowerbedsImproving the edging and flowerbeds in your yard is a great way to give it a clean, well-kept appearance. Either remove the old border and replace it with new stones or brickwork or clean the old edging and arrange it in a more pleasing pattern. Putting down a layer of fresh mulch in your flowerbeds will improve their aesthetic value and aid in water conservation.
4. Check for and Eliminate Garden PestsIt's best to do a thorough pest inspection and eliminate any unwanted critters in the garden before spring arrives. Snails, slugs, caterpillars, and other pest insects fall under this category. You can safeguard your garden and help it grow using pesticides or other organic pest control measures.
5. Move Deciduous ShrubberyIn case you have deciduous bushes in your yard, relocate them now. Any shrub that sheds leaves during the winter is considered deciduous. When you relocate them in the spring, they will have time to settle in before the hot summer weather. While relocating your plants, it is essential to provide them with enough water so that they can flourish in their new environment.
6. Use Weed Control ApplicationsWatching for weeds in your garden is essential because they could rapidly take over if you don't. You can use weed control treatments to keep this from occurring. You have the option of using organic or chemical methods for these purposes. Follow the directions precisely and apply them at the correct time for optimal results.
7. Maintain the HardscapesThe last step in garden care is keeping the hardscapes in good condition. Hard surfaces like patios and pathways fall into this category. You can power wash them to eliminate any grime or dirt that may have accumulated throughout the winter. You can stop weeds from harming your surfaces by sealing any cracks or holes they may find. Consider seal-coating the surfaces to protect them from sap and other stains.
High-Quality Landscape Maintenance SolutionsThe labor involved in getting your Georgia garden ready for Spring is worthwhile. This 7-step guide will help you grow a flourishing garden full of colorful flowers, tasty veggies, and aromatic herbs. If you can't spare time to handle these tasks yourself, hire professionals like us for the job. We are resourceful and experienced enough to manage all your spring landscape prep requirements in Georgia. We focus on providing high-quality services and using the best organic products in our work.
We create the best experiences for our clients, which sets us apart from the competition. For information about our landscape maintenance solutions, please call The Dreamscapes Design Build Maintain at 678-574-4008. You can also write to us through this form.
<< Back To BLOG
Counties/Cities That We Service In Georgia (GA)
Cities that Qualify for Larger Design Projects: